Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My 4th in the series of Jacobean challenges


Jul 17 and now moving forward. This is going to be my last Jacobean work at this time. I have begun the 4th of 4 blocks and I'm having such a great time working these pieces.
I feel I'm getting a lot bolder in my bead choices and the adventure of discovery is very pleasing indeed. This block has already a history and I'm only beginning. Do you notice the green beaded vines and leaves. Thanks Catharine for your gift of Mill Hill green beads. I'm using them in this block to remind us that spring and summer both follow the coming winter months. I found some real treasure beads for this interesting look. Top right are multi-faucetted beads removed from a necklace found in a garage sale....and if you notice the larger white beads in the center section they also were found treasures. Didn't quite know where I'd ever use them but today I found a place. These beads are covered with a sparkly, gritty type of covering...yet in spots there is a smooth section showing through. These beads make the best ever seed pods covered richly in snow and frost.
I have more plans for this block but I'm sure if you stay tuned you will see them all eventually.

No comments: