Sunday, July 1, 2007





Hi Everyone

Well here is my finished part 1 of 4 and did I ever enjoy doing this work. I had a bit of trouble at first seeing the differences between the red ring flowers or what they are to be...they almost look like life-savers to me.......there I go thinking of sweets again....better stop that right now.

Finally I decided to make one ring in the oil slick beads and the following one in plain red...I did this the way through the flowers and am very pleased with the results for sure.

Now if you can notice the larger leaf at the bottom of this work I was a bit disappointed with the final results. I think the rows of 2 toned green beads helped finally, but originally I wanted only the outline.....

The oval brown beads really pleased me. I had found them on a necklace that was in an open market jewellery stand. They are really just the ticket I thought. In fact, the stand was so impressive that I've returned now 2 times to pick my fill of beads...they are glass and the necklaces come 6 for $5....and they are on a coil which I simply straighten out and then roll right off the coil and into my bead box. You will be seeing them in part 3 of 4 I think...but then I've been known to change my mind several times since starting this project haven't I?

Thanks for sharing my fun with me.....onward and forward and onto July's section of this Jacobean project. Catch up with you all later I'm sure.

Hugs
Dee

No comments: