Monday, July 9, 2007

Jacobean part 3 of 4 September's Efforts


Oh isn't this fun to move ahead, to actually continue the committment I started with all the members in BEAD LUST. Jackie and Shari, you are both my love and my inspiration. Thanks for all the sharing of ideas and posts. It really helps.
Anyway, here are working on the September's journal. What better way to make this month effort than to begin bringing in the fall theme. You can see in this journal that I've begun to feel the touch of cold and colour changes. Oh what fun this block was to complete. Let me explain a few of my choices to you if I may.
The Purple central 3 petal flower is a treasure. I found the stones on a skirt in the "Boutique" of Good Will Thrift store. It was loaded with gold beads and gold sequins, and the smallest blue sequins I have ever seen. (Oh yes, the blue sequins are found in my Augest Journal with the baby bird feathers. I tried a new trick with this journal....do you see the orange beads at the bottom of the picture? This is called a STOP BEAD method. I have small square orange tinted beads being held to the piece with orange Seed and Bugle beads...what an effect. I wish I could have made them longer so they would dangle and move around a bit more. Oh well, maybe next time.
The golden leaves were taken from a ribbon strand which Mum shared with me. They are fantastic although they do wiggle around a bit and show some of the pattern traced behind. Oh well, again another lesson learned...don't press so heavy when tracing the pattern.
My final challenge was the larger leaf behind the purple stones. Do you see it? I used small pearl beads to outline the very edge of the leaf. I hoped this would introduce the tinge of late autumn frosty look. I still haven't decided if I will fill in the whole leaf, or just leave the edges to suggest the coming coldness that is awaiting us in the coming months.
Now I being the larger challenge that awaits me. Putting all the picture parts together and completing Stage 4 of 4. It is going to take a bit of time for this one I think as there are more challenged to face completing the whole picture again, but yet differently. Wish me luck.
Denise

No comments: