Friday, April 4, 2014

S8 Warm-up Temari now finished

And I am very proud.....here is my first warm-up Temari stitched along with my online-Temari group. So where do I go from here....forward.

This is a very simple 8 section pattern taught by the group owner. It is known as a S8.....I get it, simple 8 section.  Next I will hopefully be spotlighting the Challenge Temari known as a S16.....right, simple 16 section pattern.

I hope that anyone reading this blog of mine may become interested in taking up this hobby in the future. It is really fun and as all hand crafts, I am learning new ideas, and structures.

I have the base for the S16 ready to go and I hope this weekend to begin on that work. Then I'm going to experiment on making a container to place inside the Temari so that little bells will jingle out notes when it is handled. I have a necklace, and a car key ring which play little tunes. Apparently this is a form of meditation charm that has been used in China for many years.  I was told when I purchased the necklace that the sound is soothing to the heart when it sends out musical notes.  So I think this will really make a nice sound when I need to pick up my work and listen.

Thank you to Kalia for her original tutorial on her blog showing me steps to take to make the bell inside a ping pong ball. I just found that the price of them is a little high, so am experimenting with another method. If it doesn't work, well, I know where to purchase said ping pong balls.

Onward and forward into this new world of Temari
Apr 4 2014

No comments: