Sunday, April 20, 2014

BeeKeeper Afghan steps and first result



You ask, Why the basket of little knitted hexigons? Well, I saw the pattern and I fell in love with it.  A few weeks later I had collected between 200 and 300 hundred of these little knit pieces. First you knit the hexigons on two needles, then stuff them with polyester stuffing, and crochet them closed.  It doesn't take long, about 35-40 minutes each.  Now you ask what am I going to do with them? Well as starters I have an antique rocking chair that is just calling out for  back and a cushion made of them.  This will be set in our newly refinished Creative Quilting room for those times when I just want to sit and rock......well, really more for show and tell. A lot of my friends asked me what my plans were for them.  See below.  This is just the first item. I had used only 30 + of the initial basket.  Then stay tuned for what I plan to do with the rest of them in the future.
Enjoy this rock with me.
:)

3 comments:

Kalia said...

Oh, what a fun chair cover. I bet it is comfy to sit on.

Diamond D said...

Hi Kalia....it is sort of fluffy. When you look at it, you would think it is flat...it is only when you sit, or put your hand on it, you feel that comfy support. It feels different than it looks. :)

Diamond D said...

Oh look, now you see my photo....that was taken a few years ago. My daughter used a photo program to enhance it. I think this is one of my favourite photos of me. Now I will not be a name to you any longer, but you can see me face and know I'm smiling at you. :)