Thursday, June 7, 2007

June 7 2007 Jacobean 1 of 4


Hi everyone.....here I go making progress with my July journal in beading.

This is going to be a lot of fun I know. I'm getting right into my 1 or 4 Jacobean block. I think it will be about 4x4 when finished. Jacobean work is USUALLY done with crewel work...here I am changing the media and switching to beads. I am not sure how this is going to turn out, but today I went ahead and started filling in the leaves and vine. I love the vine as it was quite plain looking and then I remember some oval beads which I had recently removed from a skirt and added to my collection. They are perfect. They look like little 3 petal drops. I almost added 2 beads to the top to give them a "pansy" shape but decided that sometimes less is more.

Then I went to the top leaves and tried to figure out a way to make them look a little dimentional. I hope it works. I still have the very top leaf to finish....maybe later tonight.

So for now, this is my day's journal posting. Talk to you again soon I'm sure.

2 comments:

arlee said...

I'm sure the Jacobeans would have done this on their bedhangings if possible--Gorgeous!!!

Diamond D said...

Arlee....thanks so much for your thoughts on my work. I do apologize for being so long responding. I just found your comment tonight. I'm still learning how to navigate around these blogs.

hope we will be in touch again soon.
Dee