Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Autumn adventure in Mug Rugs



Aug 27 2014    Autumn Adventure In Mug Rugs 
 Fall Colours in all their splendor
















I have been having a great, glorious, getting ready for fall here in my Quilting Playroom.   As a member in a group called QUILTERS WHO CARE a lot of the members are partnering up and sending each other a Autumn Mug Rug (or Mug Mat as I used to call them).

This has been my contribution to bring in the fall colours.

Already this summer, yes, it is still summer, driving along the streets of town, or even along the major highways it is very noticeable that fall is creeping in on us with her soft, quiet ways.

With this M.R. I am also staring to downsize some of my stash materials.  You know, out with the old so you can shop for more. Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me I have lots to fall back on in my cupboards, shelves, bins, etc, etc, etc.

Now this Autumn M.R. is on its way to a friend in USA, I have already picked out the choice for WINTER Mug Mat.  Stay tuned, when it is finished, I will be placing a photo here in my journal for you to take a look see.

Remember that old school memory work:
Along the lines of smoky hills the crimson forest stands.
And all day long the blue jay calls throughout the autumn land
Now by the brook the maple stands with all her glory spread
And all the sumacks on the hill have turned their greens to reds.

And that my friends is how I felt when I made this Mug Mat/Rug for my friend across the border.

Enjoy this day, as sooner than we know it, we will be deep in the white stuff.

Aug 27 2014

No comments: